The Hall and its Kitchen is available for hire for community events or private functions, catering for up to 150 people. Use of furniture, fittings, table cloths and ammenities is included in the hire fee. Prior to any use of the hall a client must sign an agreement, pay the hire fee, provide a security bond and obtain public liability insurance for the duration of the hire period.
|Hall and Kitchen (Non-commercial use)||$150 for the first day|
$100/day for subsequent days
|Hall and Kitchen (Commercial use)||$200/day|
|Bond (alcohol free event)||$200|
Availability and Booking Inquiries
Before making a booking inquiry please check the calendar to see if the hall is already booked for the day/period of interest to you (please note that every attempt is made to keep the calendar up-to-date, but availabilty must be confirmed with the Booking Officer). To request a booking or make further inquiries, email info[AT]gundaroohall.org.au.
- The Hall is hired subject to availibity and at the discretion of the Gundaroo Soldiers Memorial Hall Management Committee Inc.
- A booking is not secured until the agreed hire fee has been paid by bank transfer.
- The hire fee will not be refunded for bookings cancelled less than one month in advance.
- In the case of private functions you must obtain public liabiliy insurance (PLI) and provide a copy of the Certificate of Insurance prior to collection of the keys (See insurance below).
- You will need to sign the Hire Agreement and Schedule-A, accepting the terms and conditions.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the Hall is returned to the management committee in its pre-hire state.
- You will be responsible for any damages caused by anyone in your party, and for the repair or replacement of any items damaged or lost during the hire period.
- The refundable bond must be paid in cash at the time of collection of the keys. It will be returned to a bank account as soon as possible after the event if the Hall is left in the condition agreed.
- Hire Agreement
- ScheduleA (supplement to the hire agreement)
- User Guide (practical information about using the hall's facilities and the responsibilities of a client).
Public Liability Insurance
The PLI policy of the Hall does not cover events held by external parties. Therefore you will need to make arrangements with an insurer of your choice. We note that the Hall is often booked as a backup wedding venue, only to be used in case of poor weather. Although the Hall hire fee must be paid to secure the booking, in these circumstances you only need to pay for PLI if you will actually use the Hall. For example, Public Liability Insurance can be arranged and paid for by credit card on-line at www.localcommunityinsurance.com.au at a cost of around $220. Note that a copy of the Certificate of Insurance must be provided to the management committee prior to obtaining the keys.